This rule shall be paramount and override anything to the contrary contained in this insurance, except
- the Rules of Class III as regards entries in Class III; and
- any reference in the Certificate of Entry that, by specific reference to General Rule 29, modifies the effect of this General Rule.
The Association shall not be liable to any Member in respect of any liabilities, losses, damages or expenses directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by:
- war (actual or threatened), act of war, war-like operations, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, martial law, state of emergency, civil strife or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power;
- occupation by armed or unarmed fighting forces whether of a regular or irregular nature;
- a person acting maliciously or in the name or at the instigation of a political or terrorist organisation or grouping;
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment (barratry and piracy excepted), and the consequences thereof or any attempt thereat;
- strikers, locked-out workmen, or persons taking part in labour disturbances, riots or civil commotions;
- confiscation or expropriation;
- mines, torpedoes, bombs, rockets, shells or similar weapons of war, (save for those liabilities, losses or expenses which arise solely by reason of the transport of any such weapons whether on board the entered ship or not) but PROVIDED
ALWAYS that this exclusion shall not apply to the use of such weapons, whether as a direct result of Government order or with the agreement of the Directors or Managers of the Association where the reason for such use is the mitigation of liabilities, losses or expenses which would otherwise fall within the cover given
by the Association;
- blockades or threatened blockades of whatsoever nature.
- kidnap and ransom and all claims arising from kidnap and ransom attempts.